ALL THAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT WORLD CANCER DAY
What is it:
World Cancer Day is the one singular initiative under which the entire world can unite together in the fight against the global cancer epidemic. It takes place every year on 4th February.
Why is it important:
World Cancer Day aims to save millions of preventable deaths each year by raising awareness and education about cancer, and pressing governments and individuals across the world to take action against the disease.
What does it mean for Organizations?
Organizations can take part by:
- Creating awareness among employees about Cancer, its symptoms, early detection and screening.
- Encourage employees for regular health check-up and vaccination.
- Creating awareness about link between cancer and individual lifestyles.
- Conducting Physical / Sports Activity and Promoting healthy lifestyles.
- Creating a welcoming supportive office environment for cancer survivors.
Why You Should Act?
- Because 1 in 3 person will develop cancer in their lifetime.
- 8.2 million people still die each year from cancer
- 30-50% of Cancer is Preventable and Treatable.
- You can save precious life just by creating awareness about it.
- Cancer prevention is cheaper than dealing with the consequences.